News Feed‎ > ‎

How Did Park Road Get Its Name?

posted Nov 30, 2012, 7:40 PM by WesternHills NA   [ updated Mar 17, 2013, 9:27 AM ]
WHNA would like to thank Raechel Guest for her excellent presentation regarding her research on the private Deer Park that was established circa 1750 in the area that is now east of the Western Hills Golf Course.  The access road to the Deer Park developed into what is now Park Road, even though the Deer Park was apparently dissolved before 1800.  The Western Woods property still contains features that were described in the early documents, including a "stone path" that was a feature of the Park.

Raechel Guest is the Executive Director and Curator at the Cornwall Historical Society and is the author of the blog "Waterbury Thoughts" (waterburythoughts.blogspot.com)
Comments